£35,000 - £45,000 plus excellent benefits & hybrid working
Location: Manchester Airport
Our client, a leading medical manufacturer, is experiencing an exciting period of growth and as such now has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Strategic Buyer to join their Manchester based team.
Candidates with experience in the following categories will be of particular interest:
- Marketing (Creative, Digital and Media Services)
- Professional Services
- Logistics, Storage & Distribution
- Property & Facilities Management
- Travel, Accommodation & Events
The purpose of the role is to work with assigned Business Units to understand their Procurement needs, then in partnership, actively source goods or services in line with Company policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Carry out effective stakeholder engagement to understand the requirements of the assigned Business Unit(s). Play a leading role in the strategic sourcing process and work with stakeholders and the Legal team to ensure that appointed suppliers have appropriate contracts in place with clear, measurable, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to enable effective supplier performance reviews to be undertaken. Provide support to the business to implement Supplier Management reviews.
- Act as a Business Partner to assigned Business Units to create category management plans and agreed strategic sourcing projects.
- Support the Business Units with their understanding of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the continual development and improvement of Procurement procedures.
- Work with the Business Units to establish and maintain a consistent approach to performance management across a range of suppliers and contracts with the aim of reducing cost and improving service levels.
- Work closely with stakeholders and other departments to negotiate commercially viable rates/deals/contracts, ensuring that collaborative relationships and contracts are implemented with strategic suppliers to ensure interests are protected and risks are minimised.
- Undertake research on possible new suppliers prior to a tendering process/procurement of goods or services and share options and/or market developments with stakeholders.
- Train and mentor stakeholders from all areas of the business on Procurement processes.
- Support the Business Units to undertake timely and regular supplier management reviews and if necessary implement corrective action planning with suppliers.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers, including but not limited to Compliance, Finance and Legal.
- Establish, track and report on all Procurement activity, ensuring regular and timely progress updates to the Procurement Manager.
- Identify and forecast any procurement gaps or risks that the business needs to address and develop a mitigation plan.
- Identify and capture any intangible and tangible value delivered by Procurement.
- Proven background in Procurement with strong commercial awareness.
- Able to develop and execute Procurement strategy.
- Good working knowledge of a category management approach.
- Well developed relationship management skills, coupled with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation and networking skills.
- Good organised approach with strong project management skills.
- Customer focused, with experience of working with and leading cross functional stakeholder groups through Procurement processes to deliver organisational benefits.
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills and the ability to work under own initiative.
- Working knowledge of finance and budgeting, coupled with good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good understanding of the tangible and intangible value that Procurement adds to the Business.
- Proven track record of working with Compliance, Procurement and Legal processes.
- Good knowledge of regulations and laws including UK Competition Law, UK GDPR and the UK Bribery Act 2010.
- CIPS Qualified, or working towards
- Group personal pension scheme with flexible contributions
Private medical insurance
Private dental insurance
Employee Assistance Programme
Apply today to be considered: NJR12659