Expeditor - Surrey - 6 Months +
The Expediter is responsible for timely delivery of equipment to the contractual point of delivery without impact to the project. The expediter is also responsible for ensuring timely submittal of critical documentation to our Engineering Data team.
The expediter will be the principle point of contact for the allocated project(s) with interfaces to 3rd Party Suppliers, Sourcing, Projects, Specifiers and Engineering Document Control. In addition, the Expediter will interact with other Regional Procurement Centers including, Expediting teams, Inspection, Sourcing and Shipping during project execution.
The successful candidate will possess at least 2 years expediting experience in the industrial gases or oil and gas industry. The candidate must have ability to communicate successfully at all levels and have excellent IT skills, including SAP and Smartplant materials experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to continuously maintain the material control system and any electronic filing systems for the assigned workload.
1. To proactively control the progress of schedule critical equipment. The Expediter will be required to successfully expedite equipment such as compressor packages, pumps, vessels, switchgear, instrumentation, valves, pipe and fittings
2. The expediter will be expected to handle a workload of 50+ purchase orders of various commodities across multiple projects. To expedite efficiently and effectively such that purchased equipment and associated drawings and documentation are delivered by AP suppliers on time to meet contractually agreed deadlines
3. The Expediter will immediately notify the POM and PPM of any potential or actual problems or delays which could adversely affect delivery of equipment or documentation
4. The Expediter will be required to identify any need for field expediting. When field expediting is undertaken, the Expediter will ensure the field expediter has all the necessary contact details, documentation and background information to enable the field expediter to carry out the assignment. On occasions the Expediter may also be required to undertake field expediting themselves.
5. The Expediter will advise the project team or discipline engineer of any need to expedite the internal review and return of supplier documentation to maintain schedule
6. The Expediter will ensure that the material control database is continuously and accurately up-dated and any electronic filing is kept up to date and maintained accurately where applicable
7. The Expediter will ensure that AP Inspection are provided with timely notification of all relevant inspections, whether intermediate or final, in accordance with the manufacturing or ITP
8. The Expediter must ensure sufficient historical records of progress, delays and delivery are maintained in the material control database and electronic filing to provide the PPM with recommendations for liquidated damages claims, back charges and supplier improvement plans
9. The Expediter will ensure that Shipping are provided with the correct project information, packing lists, weights and dimensions, contact details and collection addresses to ensure timely dispatch and receipt of equipment at the point of delivery
10. Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence within and outside the business
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with external customers
• Ability to work cross functionally within the business
• Excellent negotiating skills
• Self-motivated and driven to achieve excellent results
• Strong influencing skills
• Ability to bring suppliers, individuals and teams together to achieve on time delivery
• At least 2 years expediting experience (preferable)
• Understanding and prior experience of office and field Expediting
• Understanding of the Procurement function
Expeditor - Surrey - 6 Months +