Import & Export Coordinator Location:
Burnley (Hybrid working) Salary:
£24,000 - £27,000 + 24 Holidays, Pension, Healthcare The Role:
We are recruiting for an Import & Export Coordinator for a leading distribution business based in Burnley.
You will be working in a hybrid role, joining your team 2-3 days per week in the office with other days working from home.
This role is focused more on Exports, and the associated trade compliance.
You will be working as part of a team responsible for allocating commodity codes and trade compliance for all import/export activity for broad range of retail, consumer, and B2b products, shipping globally.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Liaising with operations teams to monitor order progress, ensuring all import and export procedures are correct.
- Product classification – accurately classify products to the EU Customs Tariff (Taric) and UK Trade Tariff for all product areas within the business.
- Help to identify and analyse compliance issues relating to new and current products.
- Review the export control classification of products.
- Provide customs, import, and export control expertise to the business.
We are looking for an individual with a detailed knowledge of export compliance, product classification, and incoterms, ideally with a background in international logistics.
The ability to communicate and manage relationships with internal and external teams is key in this role. Having the ability to research and get up to speed with any changes to trade compliance and product classes is also a key requirement. The Package:
Tom Samuel Recruitment Ltd.
- Salary £24,000 - £27,000 per annum
- 24 Holidays, plus Bank Holidays
- 5% Pension contribution
- Healthcare Plan
Tom Samuel is an executive recruitment consultancy specialising in Supply Chain, Logistics, Buying, Merchandising & HR, from middle management to board level. We use our industry knowledge to offer the personalised service associated with an independent business ensuring we really understand your requirements. This enables us to find the UK's leading supply chain, procurement, buying and logistics candidates and provide a fast, responsive and most importantly, a high-quality recruitment service.
For further information, please call Gareth directly on 0161 5072832.