Buyer - Food (Own Brand)
North London (Hybrid working options)
Up to £40,000
I am recruiting for an experienced Buyer with NPD and food experience to join a leading retailer based within their north London office. You will be responsible for delivering a new product assortment for the specific category areas. Supporting the Senior Brand team to develop products and ranges that to continuously improve, innovate and maximise profitability. Your main responsibilities as a Product Manager will include.
- Monitor Sales, Margins & profits again targets and produce reports as requested
- Identifying & developing new products to enhance the category portfolio.
- Ensuring the own brand products meet all brand attributes and quality levels
- Providing product technical data support to the team
- Working cross functionally with Sales & Marketing to understand the changing markets
- Improve new or existing products through design or the redesign of products and/or packaging, in line with company branding standards.
- Maintain cross functional relationships to achieve the overall product & category strategy.
- Manage the critical path and all elements of the launch to ensure all deadlines are met
- Monitoring competitor information, market trends, category insight and use these to build a compelling product range
Key requirements for the role.
- Proven experience as Assistant Buyer / Junior Buyer / Buyer within a fast paced, FMCG environment preferably Food / Beverage / Grocery
- Worked within new Product Design/ own brand offerings
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Able to adapt swiftly in a fast paced, ever changing FMCG market.
- Good level of education, degree is preferable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels
- Good working knowledge of budgets and managing conflicting projects
- Excellent understanding of all MS Office products including advanced Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer / Junior Buyer looking to make the next with a leading national retailer, so if the role sounds of interest apply today.