Engineering Graduate Buyer
Engineering Graduate Buyer
Crumlin, Co. Antrim
Shift Pattern: Monday Friday, 8:40am 5:20pm
An excellent opportunity has arisen to be part of a growing department, within our clients organisation, as a highly motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Graduate Buyer.
Buyers are responsible for purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability in addition to the support of the departmental strategic objectives and the progression of their preferred suppliers.
- Ordering materials, including scientific products and components for our clients R&D and manufacturing divisions
- Ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production while abiding by lean management principles
- Communicating and negotiating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification whilst monitoring cost/identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Preparing and issuing quotation requests
- Carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Science, Engineering or Business-related degree (at least 2:1)
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Working accurately and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of sourcing suppliers and conducting negotiations
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing Qualification
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Total Quality Management requirements
Full training will be provided.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
About the Organisation:
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, our client has been the heartbeat of the UKs National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 they recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UKs National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff, our client is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it among the largest laboratories in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, their expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Their global success is a result of their pioneering products and the commitment and skill of their workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to our clients ethos is their drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of their talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve their growing international markets, they require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills. Join our clients team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
So, if youre looking to begin your career as an Engineering Graduate Buyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.