We have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Consultant to join us to work on a diverse portfolio of exciting projects as well as working directly with Kent based property developers.
Our client is a fast-growing planning consultancy based in the heart of Kent, having recently partnered facilitate the substantial company growth, are now looking for a planner to join the rapidly growing team.
- Working as part of both a well-established and close-knit team to deliver on a range of exciting planning and development projects.
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a high standard. This includes development appraisals, design and access statements, planning statements, appeal statements and Local Plan/Policy representations.
- Preparation, management and negotiation of planning submissions. This will include working alongside and project managing other disciplines.
- Provide professional planning advice and support to other areas of the business.
- Responsible for own client accounts and all areas of client care.
- Helping with or leading on the preparation of fee proposals and tenders.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues within the team and across the firm.
- Helping to bring additional work opportunities to the planning team through building strong relationships with existing and future client base.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to apply planning experience and knowledge to secure beneficial planning strategies.
- Responsibility for the financial monitoring of projects, document control, progress reporting and other project management tasks.
- Where required attendance at events and meetings outside of normal working hours, e.g., attendance at planning committee or other company promotional/professional events.
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- A degree qualification in a relevant planning or related degree
- Chartered Membership of the RTPI. (Preferable but not essential)
- Experience will ideally include recent development planning or development management experience in the private or public sector.
- Strong technical ability with excellent understanding of current town planning issues and the town planning process.
- Excellent written, oral, numerical, organisational and communication skills.
- Strong team-working capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail, and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations.
- Positive commitment to team and personal project delivery.
- Commercial focus.