Salary:£36,713 - £43,192 (dependent on experience)
Location:Poole, Dorset, England
Interview date:To be confirmed
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
Were looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our Engineering and Supply Department.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day operation of our primary warehouse at our Headquarters in Poole, which is c3,500 sq. ft. and issues over 3M items annually. The post holder will also act as the warehousing SME providing advice as required across the wider RNLI in support of warehousing and stock management solutions.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £36,713 - £43,192 (dependent on experience)
- Flexible working
- 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash-plan
As a Warehouse Manager, you will be tasked with focusing on the following areas:
- Oversee and enable the safe and effective daily operation of all RNLI warehousing activities.
- Manage the Warehouse Budget and 5-year plan (CAPEX & OPEX).
- To develop the KPIs and reporting necessary to monitor the effectiveness of all in-house and third-party warehouses.
- To identify and periodically review the most cost effective and efficient warehouse operating model for the RNLI.
- Responsible for the legal compliance and assurance of all warehousing operations and associated audits.
- Managing all elements of the warehousing operation, from storage and racking to batched/lifted items, hazardous goods, temperature-controlled goods and space management.
- Implementing and maintaining all policy and process documentation required in support of running a warehouse operation (e.g. safe systems of work, risk assessments etc).
- Managing a team of c30, their organisational structure, development and succession planning to deliver the daily operations and satisfy all customer demand on-time, in-full.
Youll have significant warehouse management experience and enjoy being part of a fast paced team, supporting a national charity to deliver support to lifesaving operations across the UK and Ireland. You will be managing stock at multiple warehouses both in-house and third party so building good working relationships with key stakeholders is key. To be considered as the Warehouse Manager you will need:
- Essential Warehouse Management Qualification (CIPS, CILT, IOSCM or equivalent)
- Experience of having run a warehouse
- Budget Management
- Line management experience
- Manging of multiple contracts.
Other organisations may call this role: Warehouse Manager, Stores Manager, Stock Manager, Inventory Manager.
If you want to see how this role supports our organisations aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you. Please apply via the button shown.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and have a zero tolerance approach to proven incidents of bullying, abuse, harassment or exploitation. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting; International, International Child Protection Certificate process).
Diversity at the RNLI
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save everyone.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.