Role: HR Officer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + private health, life assurance, 25 days holiday + bank holidays & pension
Location: Commutable from Crawley, Horsham, East Grinstead, Redhill, Croydon, Brighton and surrounding areas
A leading manufacturing company are looking for a HR Officer to join their highly successful and growing company. This is a brand new and created role for the company, and will report into the HR Director. The company have around 130 staff across UK, USA & Europe 115 staff in UK. They are well established with a low staff turnover, mostly due to the fact they are a good company to work for with their open and transparent communication, offering careers rather than just jobs.
If youre after a role that is varied, rewarding and challenging, this role is for you!
It would definitely suit someone who has worked in a smaller organisation or in a more generalist HR position, only because in this company you will be turning your hands to a range of HR duties.
This is HR Officer role is hands on and will encompass a range of duties involved with Human Resources and People Relations;
- Support the recruitment process by writing job specifications, job descriptions, preparing interview questions and application forms as well as support with conducting interviews.
- Prepare offers of employment and complete administration processes which support this.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Help manage talent and succession planning alongside HR Management.
- Support managers and share best practice with them in order to manage, motivate and develop staff members.
- Assist with annual performance and salary review preparation and execution.
- To provide dedicated HR support and proactively support the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide HR support on sensitive and complex employee relation issues including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Assist with the administrative processes of managing absence, resignation and performance.
- Provide preparation & analysis support to HR Management to report on agreed HR KPIs to the HR Director.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Help manage Data Protection policies & Modern Slavery Statements alongside HR Management.
- Work with the HR Director to get the best performance out of our online HR Management System (currently Cascade HR). Managing data input maintaining its accuracy.
- Support with general office administrative tasks e.g. filing.
- Keep abreast of current HR law and changes in the future.
- A relevant qualification is desirable, such as a CIPD or Human Resources, but by no means is it essential.
- Experience in supporting a business in a Human Resources role; HR Officer, HR Business Partner, HR Coordinator, HR Advisor etc.
- Worked in a role that was varied, covering a range of HR duties.
- Experienced in dealing with sensitive and more complex employee relation issues.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel intermediate level or above)
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Meticulous, accurate and confident (with the ability to close out).
- Knowledge and/or previous experience within recruitment (screening CVs, working with agencies and conducting interviews) would also be desirable.
- Accountability for data integrity in the HR systems.
- Previous experience of working with an online integrated HR system Dynamics 365 / Sage / Octopus / Staff Squared / BrightHR.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.