We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage and develop the Whistl property portfolio, aligned to the business and Procurement & Property strategy.
You will ensure that Whistl has the right supply base, property and environment to enable the company to exceed its objectives. This is a change role of significant strategic and business critical importance.
- Manage the full project lifecycle from initiation and start-up to review and close, including managing the project's scope and preventing scope creep unless agreed.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality specifications.
- Produce business cases, project management plans and other project documentation.
- Identify, anticipate and proactively manage any project risks or issues.
- Set up cross functional project teams and then direct, motivate, and manage these teams to achieve the stated aims and outcomes of the project.
- Manage and deliver the required product(s) for each project and for each phase within a project, ensuring that these meet any aims, objectives, or critical success factors agreed in the project plan.
- Manage a wide range of project stakeholders and ensuring that their requirements are taken into account and expectations are managed.
- Contribute to the overall property strategy by engaging and supporting key internal property stakeholders.
- Articulate and convey the property strategy to the relevant third-party suppliers both holistically and through clear definition of requirements and actions as part of a programme and / or ad-hoc requirements.
- Consulting with the relevant third-party suppliers e.g. building surveyors, property consultants to bring their expertise and knowledge into the property strategy and programme.
- Managing the third-party suppliers to ensure excellent and responsive service demonstrated by performance to the supplier scorecards and SLA's.
- Maintaining professional relationships with Whistl landlords and external stakeholders across all sites ensuring Whistl is in the best position commercially and to deliver on any change program.
- Management of property compliance issues ensuring compliance with legislation, codes, directives and regulations.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- To be fully conversant with the statutory requirements of relevant legislation applicable to office premises.
- Contribute to the ESOS, ISO and any other environmental schemes as required.
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and attributes; Project Manager, Property Manager, General Manager, Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Document Control, Disaster Recovery, Reporting, Analysis, Supplier Relationship Management, IT Literate, MS Office, Prince 2, Scrum Master, IPMA, APM, BIFM, Change Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including goal orientated, action focused, pragmatic, and disciplined.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet demands from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals, adapting communication style, amount and format based upon the level of seniority and/or understanding of the audience.
- Possess strong communication and influencing skills both written and spoken.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach and the ability to show initiative and work without supervision and direction.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the skills to carry out a range of projects and tasks in different business areas.
- Able to produce project documentation to a high standard, including business cases, project initiation documents, schedules, progress reports, risk and issue logs and other documents as required.
- Good level of analytical and numerical ability. Able to analyse data, make inferences, draw conclusions and make recommendations to the Senior Management.
- Good level of commercial awareness, able to understand the commercial elements of projects and products and how these impact on the profitability of the business.
- Excellent IT literacy to include all MS Office packages.
- Typically, we would estimate that it would take approximately 3-5 years' project management experience with experience of multi-site property and/or facilities management to acquire these skills
- Project management and change management skills
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent with a formal project management qualification (e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner, Scrum Master, IPMA or APM) or equivalent experience
- Member of BIFM (British Institute of Facilities Management)
- Health & Safety qualification or commitment to work towards
The role will involve regular travel to other Whistl sites and to meet suppliers, landlords etc. which will require a full driving licence and the willingness to work outside of normal office hours.
Whistl are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.
Due to the nature of our business, this role may be subject to a basic DBS check.