Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Director of People and Culture
Oakleaf is proud to be supporting an exciting biotech company in their search for a Director of People and Culture to join them.
Our client is a well-funded, pre-clinical stage biotech company with pioneering programmes based around their work. Since its incorporation they have been on an expansion curve and this year they are looking to double their head count. The company has world class facilities and is based in London.
Our client is seeking a Director of People & Culture at this critical stage of development to implement the people strategy and establish a culture and employee experience which drives the highest levels of engagement and productivity. The Director of People & Culture will report into the COO and will be a member of the Leadership Management Team. As a business partner, this role will be a catalyst for change and be a creative and constructive disruptor to business thinking and approach.
Our client is looking for a modern and forward-looking HR professional with high energy, high EQ and a proven track record in adding tangible value at the individual, team and organisational level.
You will be:
- A modern, forward-looking approach to HR with a passion for creating a people experience based on trust and empowerment
- Breadth and depth of HR experience enabling sound judgement and decision making
- Track record of effective business partnering and coaching experience, taking businesses to new levels of productivity
- Good commercial acumen and recognition of how to use HR interventions to maximise business performance. Track record in adding value via proactive talent management, employee relations, change management, and organisational development and effectiveness
- Solutions-focus with an ability to apply judgement, common sense and provide wise counsel
- Confident operating independently and making decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-aware and skilled at managing self and others
- High integrity, excellent listening skills and ability to develop strong trust-based relationships with all levels in the organisation
- Proven track record of successfully developing and inspiring others via communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate successfully across different cultural boundaries and teams, taking a highly collaborative approach
- Skilled at using organisational intelligence, external insights, trends and data to form sound plans, enhance culture and inform business decision making
- Active in external professional communities, aware of best practice and learns from others
- Prior experience of a start-up, and progression to IPO, would be an advantage, as would experience of the life sciences industry
This role will be based in London with a hybrid working arrangement of 2-3 days in the office. There is a competitive salary and benefits package attached.
If this sounds like an opportunity you wish to be considered for please submit your up to date CV and contact details.