Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
AR314 - Support Worker
Location: North Petherton
Salary: £10 Per Hour
First Military Recruitment are currently supporting one of our established and expanding businesses in the search for a Support Worker.
You will work as part of a team under the direction of the Team Leader, providing support to achieve the individual’s independence and recovery goals. This position will require you to work flexibly as part of the service rota, including evenings, weekends and night shifts as required. Promoting a caring environment which provides the people the company support with a high standard of person-centred care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect, rights to privacy, independence and that choices are met.
Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To Support individuals to work towards their identified goals, promote personal responsibility and self-confidence through a solution focussed and recovery orientated approach.
- Enabling individuals to self-manage their personal and domestic resources where necessary.
- Participating in support plan reviews and liaise with senior staff on the effectiveness of support.
- Enabling and encouraging the people the company support to find out about local services and facilities within their community and facilitate access to alternative services where specific needs are identified.
- Whilst developing a rapport with the people the company support, the post holder will always work within clear professional boundaries and the Care Code of Conduct.
- Develop open, honest, supportive and professional relationships with people who use the company’s services.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from the risk of abuse and harm to self and others who use the company services.
- To comply with internal and external quality assurance systems.
- To maintain accurate records as required by policies and procedures, using appropriate paper and electronic systems.
- To maintain up to date details of service and support activities and outcomes on the company internal platforms.
- To support individuals to express their satisfaction with the opportunities they have accessed by submitting comments, compliments or complaints.
- Proactively contributing to continuously improving the service by making positive suggestions, providing constructive feedback and assisting in the implementation of agreed new ways of working.
- To work as a team member, sharing information and supporting colleagues.
- Participating in the induction of new colleagues when required.
- To support volunteers ensuring they have the information and resources to be successful in their roles and make a positive and valued contribution to the service.
- Disclosure & Barring Check. This post will be subject to a DBS Enhanced with Adults Barred check.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role with people with learning disabilities and other complex needs within the Health and Social Care Sector.
- An understanding of positive behaviour support and a proven ability to work in a person-centred way.
- Experience managing, supervising and motivating staff to deliver person centred care and support.
- Lead by example, be a positive role model for teams.
- Excellent organisational skills and adaptable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident using own initiative to respond to situations and problem solve.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good people skills with the ability to provide an exceptional level of service.
- Working knowledge or a good understanding of Social Care.
- Previous IT systems experience.
- Willingness to work towards QCF qualifications in Health and Social Care.
- The ability to negotiate effectively.
- Analytical, conflict and problem-solving ability.
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of Equality and Diversity and The Mental Capacity Act.
Location: North Petherton