Home Care Assistant
£22,900 to £27,800 per annum (FTE)
Abney & Baker is great and Id highly recommend them. Its like day is tonight compared to the last company I worked with. I feel supported and respected. Great pay. Indeed.co.uk carer review
Your chance to make a real difference in your community at a companythat genuinely cares about you as well as our clients.
We're looking for 2 awesome Home Care Assistants to join our local supportive CommunityTeam based in Keynsham, Saltford & West Bath area to bring a smile to ourclients' daily lives.
What makes Abney & Baker, The Fairer Care Company, different?
- Feel Valued - Our pay truly reflects the impact you have on other peopleslives. A full-time carer with us can earn between £22,900 and £27,800 a year, way above the UK average of £18,500.
- Guaranteed Pay Contracts - Have confidence that your pay will never dropbelow a certain level. No dreaded 'zero hours' contracts here!
- Full Shift Pay - Full Shift Pay means youll always paid at the full hourly ratefrom the start of the first visit to the end of the last visit in every shift including all travel time, waiting time and any gaps in your run.
- Enhanced Overtime Rate - Receive 25% extra on your hourly rate if youpick up any extra visits.
- Progression Opportunities - Over 75% of our care management teamstarted as carers. We believe in developing our team and promoting fromwithin.
What experience do you need as Home Care Assistant?
No previous care experience is required, we hire on attitude rather thanexperience. If you're passionate about caring for others then you could be a perfect fit for the team.
We provide full training and ongoing support, so well always have your back.
You do need to have a valid UK driving licence, access to a vehicle for work,right to work in the UK and proof of settled status. We do not have a sponsorship licence so please do not apply if you don't have these.
- 45p per mile for travel (with no need to claim anything back, this goes
- straight into your pay packet). We're also paying a supplement
- because of the high fuel costs at the moment, currently taking the
- total to 47.8p per mile.
- Early pay programme - access part of your pay before pay day for
- those unexpected expenses.
- Blue light discount card - we pay the subscription cost, access more
- than 15,000 discounts from large national retailers to local businesses
Home Care Assistant Shifts:
A mix of 7am-3pm and 3pm-10pm including working alternate weekends.
Who will you be working with?
This is a community-based role and you'll be supporting clients predominantlyaround the Keynsham, Saltford & West Bath area.
You'll be part of a small team of up to about 15 carers looking after about 45clients. So you'll always know everybody as a person with a story not just a line on a system.
Our teams look for ways to have fun together and even have a special budget tocreate special WOW! moments for each other and for our clients.
It really is totally different to the norm of large teams looking after hundreds ofclients over a large area.
- Average hourly pay: £11.05
- Full time pay equivalent: Over £22,900
- Weekdays (daytime): £10.20
- Weekdays (evening): £10.45
- Weekends (daytime): £11.45
- Weekends (evening): £11.85
- Bank Holidays: £20.40
Overtime is paid at 125% of these rates.
The value of FULL SHIFT PAY. Because we pay you from the first to the lastminute of your shift, you will earn significantly more with us than with a care provider that only pays for care and travel time. A care provider that only pays for care and travel time would have to offer pay rates of at least £14 an hour to match our pay.
A full time Home Care Assistant at Abney & Baker can earn between £22,900 and £27,800 ayear.
Come and join our local friendly team - apply today!