An exciting position has become available for a full and part-time Care Workers based in Watford and the surrounding areas. The successful candidate will earn £8.92 £11.25/hr depending on experience and qualifications ie: NVQs.
- Caring, supportive nature.
- Reliable and presentable.
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Verbal and written, must be clear and concise.
- To provide a range of personal care such as washing, toileting, dressing and feeding as appropriate including personal hygiene and encouraging the use of special equipment.
- To assist Service Users to take medication and apply treatment as prescribed.
- To carry out a range of domestic duties in the home of Service Users and assisting them in the ordinary running of their households, including cleaning, preparation and cooking of food, washing up, making beds, doing laundry, ironing clothes and emptying commodes, bins etc.
- To undertake a range of social duties as required including shopping, collecting pensions and prescriptions, paying accounts and making telephone calls on behalf of the Service User. To keep adequate records when handling the Service Users money.
- To encourage Service User to continue, or take up, social activities, including attendance at social centres and activities outside the home.
- To listen empathetically to Service Users issues and concerns. Sign-posting or directing them to the appropriate professionals/agencies as required.
- To pass on advice and give assistance, under the guidance of the Care Manager, to Service Users in such areas as housekeeping, child care and practical difficulties.
- To maintain written records/care notes, relating to the Service User.
- To deal with any emergency which may arise with a Service User and liaising closely with appropriate agencies.
- To attend and participate in meetings regarding the care of the Service User.
- To attend appropriate in-service training courses and team meetings.
- To refer significant problems and/or events to the Senior Carer, as well as liaising with other Care Workers.
Our client is a registered charity providing personal and domestic care within Luton and its surrounding areas. They are registered and regulated by the Care Quality Commission, ensuring the needs of their service users are met in full.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- To join a fantastic team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
- Company mobile
- Mileage allowance
If youre the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button