Salary - up to £1,001 per week
Develop your career in care with The Good Care Group.If you want to enjoy good rewards, access great ongoing training courses and have 24/7 support from an award-winning team, we think there's nowhere better than The Good Care Group.
You might have professional experience as a support worker, or as a care assistant in a residential or domiciliary care setting. You may have already worked as a professional live-in carer before, or perhaps you have personal experience supporting a family member or friend. If youre passionate about providing tailored support and companionship and you want to help enable our clients to live in their own homes, wed love to hear from you.
To join our team you must already have the right to work in the UK. Please note we cannot assist with any sponsorship or visa requests including those applying for a health and social care visa. When you join us you can be assured that you will have an outstanding team supporting you, 24/7, 365 days a year. Were the only dedicated live-in care provider to have been rated Outstanding by the CQC in England - in all 5 categories.Were also rated Excellent for care and support by the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
Why we think theres nowhere better:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including level 2 diploma in working in care services, a level 3 award in awareness of dementia and an SVQ2 in health and social care (if based in Scotland)
- Market leading face to face induction training in London (with 5* hotel accommodation included)
- A dedicated local Care Manager who knows you and your client
- Peer to peer support for all Carers joining us as part of our buddy scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential advice and support
- An online Carer Community to stay connected, share advice and best practice
- All UK travel expenses covered whilst in placement
- 24/7/365 support from our central team
- Free DBS for England and free PVG if working in Scotland
About the role:
Live-in carers live with a client for the duration of their chosen rota pattern (e.g 2, 4 or 6 weeks).Youll look after one person or at times a couple, providing both care and companionship. Following a person centred care plan you will tailor your support to meet your clients needs, assisting with daily activities, personal care, or support in managing conditions such as dementia.
Your role will include:
- Youll be matched with a client based on your skills and your clients needs, providing tailored support and companionship
- Following a clients individual care plan you will generally provide a daily average of 10 hours care provision to your client
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and Parkinsons
- Moving and handling
- Cooking, cleaning and ensuring the smooth running of the house
Were looking for:
- Professional care experience gained in any care setting, such as live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant in the NHS or similar. OR recent experience of providing personal care for an adult friend or family member including washing, bathing and toileting
- You must be able to provide us with proof of your right to work in the UK. (E.g a British passport, settled or pre-settled status as part of the EU settlement scheme, or a current visa that allows you to work in the UK with no restrictions). If you apply to work with us and you do not have one of these documents, we regret that we will be unable to process your application.
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from vaccinated or medically exempt Carers
- A drivers licence is an advantage but not a requirement. The client provides the car and the insurance, for you to be able to take your client for the occasional trip out or to go shopping
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement (UK travel expenses covered)
Providing high quality live in care in peoples homes across England and Scotland, The Good Care Group is also part of Sodexo.