You will be a time served Mechanical Apprentice or hold a BTEC National (ONC/OND), or BTEC Higher National (HNC or HND) or qualified by experience and be a fully skilled mechanical maintenance technician with either mechanical, electrical, or electromechanical bias.
Practical experience in fault finding within a machine shop environment, and the ability to repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems and demonstrate and understanding and application of safe working practices.
As a hands on mechanical maintenance technician, you will be responsible for performing planned, preventative, and reactive maintenance on plant equipment, buildings, and facilities onsite whilst maintaining and improving all aspects of the operational site.
37 hour week Sunday to Thursday 10.15pm to 6am 33 days holidays, pension etc
Basic salary including shift allowance - £53,790 plus overtime
- Practical ability to fault find from electrical/mechanical drawings or PLC systems relating to hydraulic or pneumatic circuits, Knowledge of (TPM/PPM / RCM) is highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, pro-active, can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Committed to work to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion
- High level of attention to detail with the desire to progress, succeed, and ability to work as part of a team or work independently
- Computer literate MS Office skills
- Fault finding within the machine shop environment, repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems as appropriate
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance checks on machines and equipment in line with the CMMS schedule
- Carry out complete site maintenance for all aspects and areas of the site, maintaining a high standard of site facilities and the overall site environment/appearance
- Conduct best practice and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement with regards to plant and equipment reliability
- Work to health and safety standards