Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 13 million lives, in their search to add a Lead Weekend Counsellor to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
We are looking for professional, hard-working candidates with strong communication, high levels of computer literacy and high levels of organisational ability with a desire to provide emotional support and guidance and make a difference to people's lives. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Counselling Managers in guiding the counselling teams in their objectives of providing in the moment therapeutic support and championing in house interventions. As well as supporting the team in achieving their daily goals, service level agreements and quality scoring, ensuring that all are working consistently and in line with organisational expectations.
The role requires high levels of professional standards whilst working in a telephone environment, adhering to the company's core values and achieving daily goals. The Lead Weekend Counsellor will provide support to the helpline and assist the Counselling Manager in supporting the team on a day-to day-basis.
The Lead Weekend Counsellor will also have a small caseload of STC and/ or video counselling clients, including Online CBT and Power to Recover clients where appropriate.
Day-to-day Responsibilities as a Lead Weekend Counsellor:
- To provide an efficient and effective telephone counselling service to all callers
- To demonstrate robust understanding of Health Assured's internal polices and procedures
- Provide 'In the moment support' to callers, adopting a Solution Focused approach and achieving a one call resolution
- Conduct full and robust clinical assessments in accordance with Health Assured's procedures, ensuring the most clinically appropriate support is identified
- To effectively identify and manage risk in accordance with Health Assured's 'Risk Guidance Policy' 6. To undertake training provided by Health Assured and to identify areas of learning; ensuring necessary research and self-learning take place
- Work to and exceed individual and team goals as per the KPI framework
- To support the team in working towards their own individual goals
- To assist the Counselling Team Manager and Workforce Planning in the monitoring of all queues, including the Counselling Advice Inbox and ensuring SLA achievement
- In the absence of the Counselling Team Manager to support with team meetings, including return to work meetings
- Provide support and training to new starters throughout induction and beyond
- To support the counselling team on a day-to-day basis with risk and safeguarding debriefs as an when required and ensure team members are following the Risk Guidance policy at all times
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum diploma level 4 in Counselling & minimum of 150 counselling hours
- To be a member of the BACP
- Relevant telephone experience
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- High level of organisational ability; ability to work to tight deadlines and targets 6. Good communication and customer service skills
Desirable Skills andCompetencies:
- Accredited with the BACP or eligible for the accreditation process
- EAP experience
- Experience of working in a target driven environment This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the on-going needs of the organisation