If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity then consider using your skills and experience by working as a Plumber at HMP Chelmsford.
The work can be challenging but is also very rewarding. You will work within an experienced facilities team who cover all the M & E planned and preventative maintenance within the prison.
There is ample opportunity for further training and advancement so if you are looking to build your career this is an excellent opportunity.
Purpose of the role:
To ensure the site is maintained to the agreed standard with the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of plumbing, heating and water supply / services throughout the estate. To undertake survey inspections for quality control purposes including in confined spaces and at height, recording all work and completing associated registers/logs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Plumber qualified to C&G 6035 (Plumbing), C&G 6189 (Plumbing and heating) and NVQ level 3 in Plumbing or NVQ Level 2 with relevant facilities maintenance experience.
- Two years' experience working in a role as a plumber or equivalent
- Must be familiar with and able to work to Water Supply HRES/FRM/05095 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Regulation and Control of Legionella L8 requirements.
- Experience working on commercial or industrial heating and water systems is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Good working knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role.
Duties will include but won't be limited to:
- To fault find and ensure satisfactory fault rectification maintaining site services levels at all times
- To complete plumbing installations, testing, and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health and Safety procedures
- To ensure allocated, planned maintenance and small repairs are carried out, undertake service requests raised by the computer aided facilities management system
- To maintain regular communications, via radio net, in accordance with LSS
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies, procedures and legislation to ensure statutory and mandatory compliance
- To undertake incidental and emergency or urgent tasks and assignments as per Prison Service Specifications timescales, in a safe manner
If successful you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Statutory Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Sick Pay (Depending on Length of Service)
- Annual Performance Award
- Charity Days
- Thank you, Scheme
Due to the nature of the environment, you will be asked to complete the standard Security Vetting for the establishments.
SkyBlue Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer.