Role: Maintenance Operative
Salary: £18'000 - £24'000
We're looking for an experienced and reliable Maintenance Operative to join our talented team at our facility in and around Glasgow. You'll be responsible for providing maintenance services to ensure buildings are fit for purpose. We aim to deliver the highest quality for our customers, so you'll need to share our enthusiasm for standards and best practice, and exceeding expectations too.
What you'll do:
- Provide building maintenance services and respond to site facilities tasks ensuring that all works have been recorded on completion.
- Assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance.
- Carry out general maintenance to building fabric, basic plumbing, electrical and joinery works
- Carrying out routine planned and reactive ad-hoc duties to ensure compliance with contract conditions.
- Compliance systems checks - knowledge and experience of fire alarm testing, emergency light testing, water flushes and tap and shower temperature checks.
- To carry out various operational tests and inspections of the facility, specifically those relating to security and access, maintenance and repair and health and safety. This will include the security of the premise and its contents, lighting, heating of premises, handyperson duties, and any other duties arising from the use of the premises.
- To carry out minor or temporary repairs and maintenance tasks with the competence of the operator or report as necessary in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Undertake emergency cleaning duties as required during hours of occupation with the general areas including accidental spillages, leaks etc
What you'll need:
- You must be hard working, reliable, punctual, have good communication skills and the ability to work alone on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Awareness of health and safety and the need for safe methods of working
- A related trade qualification or experience in a similar role
- Basic electrical duties - lamp changes and minor repairs, battery changes in emergency lights
- Plumbing - general knowledge and minor repair of sanitary ware (unblocking sinks and toilets, repairing and replacement of taps, toilet flushers, showers etc)
- Carpentry - doors, frames, hinges, locks and furniture repairs, shelving install
- General maintenance and repairs of various building elements, floors, windows, ceilings
- Full driving licence
If this role of Maintenance Operative is of interests simply apply or call the office on and ask for Dan.