A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Electrician to join a regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles based in the Isle of Wight. You will join them on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,240 per annum.
Our client are an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England. They employ over 330 staff across the South of England.
The company is contracted to the Isle of Wight Council and Vectis Housing Association (amongst other clients) to provide the day-to-day repairs and planned maintenance to various buildings across the Isle of Wight.
Benefits you will receive as the Electrician:
- An annual salary of £32,240
- A call out retainer payment of £100
- Up to 36 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company Van with Fuel Card
Key responsibilities as the Electricianwill include:
- Carrying out electrical tasks such as, electrical installation condition reports, annual emergency light testing, fire alarm testing, installation work, fault finding and completion of electrical certification
- Quoting for electrical test remedial work
- Ensuring that the quality of work always meets the highest possible standards
- Ensuring all electrical work conforms to the latest IEE Wiring regulations and current British Standards
- Applying rigorous and sensible Health & Safety planning and practices in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE where needed
- Working out of hours to the requirements of the client and participating on the call out rota
- Fully diagnosing a job before starting work, identifying the materials you need and other trades that may be required for full completion
- Liaising with the Customer service team
What the company are looking for in their Electrician:
- NVQ level 3 in electrical installation or equivalent (Essential)
- 18th edition (Desirable)
- 2391 or equivalent in Inspecting and Testing (Desirable)
- 5 years experience of working in an electrical maintenance / building environment.
- Technical Electrical knowledge of working methods, practices, RAMS, regulations, legislation and British standards.
- Have knowledge of the materials and methods used in the electrical industry
- Proficient in MS Office to an intermediate level and the ability to use an IT system for job management and electrical certification understanding how it functions and interacts with other systems
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our clients Electricianthen please click apply now Wed love to hear from you!
The company is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme and are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.