Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruiter based in Norfolk. We are working on behalf of a leading bespoke engineering manufacturer based North of Norwich employing around 200 staff. They have built an international reputation for designing, manufacturing and installing products of unsurpassed excellence and continue to be a leader in their field. They have a new opportunity for a Project Engineer - Mechanical Design to join their team
• Liaise with customer as necessary to support project initiation and delivery
• Define project plans against a project brief, based on customer and internal requirements
• Ensuring enquiries are efficiently dealt with via the presentation of drawings, specifications, procedures and manuals.
• Ensuring that information required for the procurement, manufacture, quality assurance, and customer is produced in good time to meet scheduled delivery date through close liaison.
• Arranging and attending various customer meetings.
• Deliver the project to plan
o Develop and evaluate an array of technical solutions to fulfil a specific demand
o Organise participation of necessary parties for the project process, including presenting review summaries where appropriate
o Use calculation methods to analyse mechanical systems (understanding of electrical and electronic systems may be beneficial)
o Deliver validated specifications, including 3D and 2D design data.
o Define project testing requirements
o Support manufacturing team into production
• Ensure smooth handover to production
• Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Ability to deliver the complete engineering process from design concept to validated production ready product
• A proven track record of providing on time product solutions, in a project engineer role
• Good communication skills and confidence when dealing with customers, managers and shop floor personnel
• Pro-active with a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
• Willingness to walk the floor and work with colleagues building product
• Experience of 3D CAD, preferably Pro-Engineer/Creo
• Ability to work to deadlines, and under pressure
• Experience in working within a demanding customer-driven industry, with a structured approach to engineering