Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer – Reading
Up to £60k + fantastic benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer to work for a market leading consultancy in Reading.
Our client is an award winning and established design consultancy who have recently opened a new office in Reading.
As a Senior or Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs and managing a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved.
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects across key sectors. Projects span across section of sectors including Education, Science and Research, Healthcare, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, Defence and high-end mixed-use developments.
- Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages. Competency in AutoCAD and ideally experience with Revit.
- You will have the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects, and take overall lead on small to medium sized projects within the office.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Take responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills.
- You will be financially astute and work with the project leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring our client keeps abreast of their competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of their outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. Design and CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – the firm offers all employees the option to work a 9-day fortnight
- Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
- Employee stock purchase plan – a voluntary program which allows eligible employees to purchase
- common stock at a 15% discount
- Holiday: Buy and sell up to 5 days
- Study Assistance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Sabbatical Leave
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah –