Are you looking to kick start your career as an electrician? Do you want to work on exciting projects that challenge you daily and get paid while you do it?
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Engineering Team in Plymouth. Here you will learn from the industrys best, working on everything from office blocks to nuclear power stations; hospitals to universities; manufacturing facilities to the rail network. No two projects are ever the same.As a site based apprentice you will:
You will learn to:
- Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country
- Learn about our award winning approach to working safely
- Work indoors, outdoors and occasionally at height
- Be prepared for early starts and travel away from home when necessary
- Develop great working relationships with some of the industrys most talented people
- Have a strong support network giving you the chance to build your confidence and skills
- Gain your qualification and training with a company who are in the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers
We are looking for people who:
- Install electrical services (e.g. wiring systems, lighting, sockets, fire alarms, emergency lighting & heating controls)
- Read and understand engineering drawings, wiring and circuit diagrams
- Inspect and test electrical installations
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Use small hand tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers etc.
- Operate electrical tools such as chopsaws, grinders, combi drills, impact drivers etc.
- Install the systems needed for wiring and cables such as brackets and containment
- Lay, pull and string cables
- Are keen to learn
- Share our values - Passion, Integrity and Excellence
- Have excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Love to work with their hands
- Enjoy working in a team
- Can follow instructions and work under pressure
- Have normal colour vision
You will attend college to complete the Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation. In addition, you will regularly attend in house training and development as part of the programme.To apply, you need:
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English Language, Maths and a science based subject, plus 2 other subjects at grade C/4 or above.
NG Bailey is an Equal Opportunities employer and all applicants will receive equal treatment within their application and selection process.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY MAY CLOSE BEFORE THE ADVERTISED CLOSING DATE IF A SUFFICIENT NUMBER OF SUITABLE APPLICATIONS ARE RECEIVED. EARLY APPLICATION IS THEREFORE RECOMMENDED.What happens next?
If we like what we see on your application, you will be invited to undertake a telephone interview. If we want to progress your application after the telephone you will be invited to attend an assessment centre after which we will shortlist for final interviews. Interviews and assessment centres will take place during June 2022.
You may have experience of the following: Electrotechnical Advanced Apprenticeship, Electrical Apprenticeship, Apprentice, Trainee Scheme, Training Scheme, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Installation, Electrician, School Leaver, Apprenticeship, Advanced Apprenticeship, Building Services, Training, Trainee Electrician, Commercial Electrician, Construction, STEM, etc.
Ref: 132 334