Due to promotion we are looking for a mechanical fitter to provide both reactive and planned maintenance duties at this busy quarry in Runcorn. Working as part of a small team on a Monday - Friday day shift
Working closely with the production team you will ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum. Working as part of a small team. The role as a Mechanical fitter
Qualifications & Skills required to be successful in this Mechanical Maintenance Role:
- Maintain plant and equipment to a high standard
- utilise CMMS for the maintenance programme
- Participate in AM/PM, Lean and 5S programmes
- Propose, develop and implement solutions to make the plant safer, produce better quality product and manufacture more efficiently
- Participate in CAPEX projects
- Follow maintenance tasks set out by maintenance supervisor
- H&S of team and all site staff, reporting and actioning hazards onto the company reporting systems
- Assist in the writing of SOP’s and Risk Assessments, following the instructions within the SOP’s and auditing/reviewing them annually
- Writing RAMS for works implemented on site and ensuring you complete ‘point of work risk assessments’ prior to emergency / repair works
- Ensure have and wear the correct PPE at all times
- Fault identification and reporting of faults on CMMS system
- Part preparation for jobs
- General housekeeping around site
The Package on offer for this Mechanical Fitters role:
- Time served apprenticeship minimum of a level 3 NVQ, HNC, BTEC C&G
- OR Degree qualified with 4+ years maintenance experience.
- Experience of safely maintaining medium to heavy environment
- Good knowledge, experience and skills with workshop equipment, welding, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Knowledge of Pneumatic conveying systems, rotary valves, conveyor belts, Hammer Mills, Screening Plant or experience within the Refractory & Mineral Industry would be an advantage
- Proactive Approach
- Strong fault finding ability
- Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
- Overtime Paid
- Saturday time & a half, Sunday double time.
- Pension & Holiday.
- Great Working environment.
If you feel this Mechanical maintenance role is right for you please contact Emma Devereux at Maintech Recruitment on 01543 212250 or click applyMaintech Recruitment - Engineering Great Careers!