We have a superb new opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join an expanding, and highly professional technology development company based in Cambridgeshire. The company has won an eye-watering collection of awards by transforming new ideas, designs and technology breakthroughs into commercial success. They are now looking for an outstanding Senior Mechanical Engineer to design even more innovative complex electro-mechanical products and systems for the benefit of millions of people around the world.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design and implementation based on key product requirements
- Managing and delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing complex technical design documentation and test protocols
- Supporting the Manufacturing teams with the build and test of production systems, including DfM, DfA, DfT design input, product risk-analysis and assisting the Supply Chain team with selection key suppliers.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- BEng/MEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or Design Engineering is preferred although other qualifications (e.g. HNC/HND) considered with significant practical experience
- Significant design experience of complex electro-mechanical systems using SolidWorks CAD
- Proven ability to optimise lightweight structural design for high reliability and ease of manufacture (DFA/M)
- Analytical skills experience, including failure prediction and tolerance analysis (e.g. FEA, CFD, MATLAB and MATHCAD)
- Practical experience of transfer to manufacture activities for low and high-volume production
- Experience of operating under formal design processes such as IEC 60601
- Ideally, some exposure to the requirements of developing medical/healthcare products under ISO13485
- Ideally, an appreciation of high precision mechatronic systems with fast response characteristics
- A genuine desire to help and support fellow team members to excel at what they do.
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Huntington, Peterborough, Bedford, Royston etc)