Are you a Communications, Marketing or PR professional who knows how to get a message across? Are you passionate about the environment? We're looking for an enthusiastic and ethical person to join our Marketing and Communications team to take responsibility for informing, educating and motivating our membership, businesses in our sector and the wider public. Come make a difference!
BASIC SALARY: £32,500
· Hybrid working available
· Flexitime options
· 23 days holiday & bank holidays rising with service
· Private Healthcare
· Excellent pension (12%)
· Life assurance
LOCATION: Northampton (with Hybrid options)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Bedford, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Brackley, Banbury, Daventry, Southam, Rugby, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Corby, Burton Latimer, Wellingborough, Thrapston, Coventry, Luton
JOB DESCRIPTION: Communications / PR Officer - Membership Organisation - Chartered Body
We require an experienced communications / PR professional with strong administrative skills to liaise between the in-house technical team, our outsourced communications resource and external requests for information / opinion from the press. You will be able to understand our message and represent the tone and content across various platforms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Communications / PR Officer - Membership Organisation - Chartered Body
· Working closely with our communications agency to develop and implement effective strategic communications plans.
· Liaise with our CEO, President, technical team, Trustees, Head of Policy etc. to respond to media requests in a timely manner.
· Take ownership of communications - managing a communications budget and ensuring spend is optimised.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Communications / PR Officer - Membership Organisation - Chartered Body
· You're composed, credible and able to understand the power of tone, content & context when putting out statements / releases
- If the BBC call for a statement, for instance, you can take that call, manage expectations in terms of time lines and when to expect a formal statement - then speak to the relevant external and internal departments to make this happen
· You have will need outstanding written and verbal skills with a strong knowledge of PR and communications principals
The above skills could come from any communications, PR or marketing experience - and could be a mix of education and real-world, hands on communications. Any exposure to a membership environment, governing bodies, training, sponsorship, events etc. would be of particular interest.
We are a well respected and vital professional body supporting a large membership across the UK and beyond. Our marketing and communications teams convey important information, advice and support to our membership, other companies and organisations within our sector and the general public.
We have a proven track record of promoting people through our marketing function and beyond into the wider business. You will definitely have opportunities for growth and development from this role.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Communications Officer, Communications Manager, PR Manager, PR Officer, PR & Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications Manager, Marketing Executive Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Head of Marketing. Chartered body, Membership organisation, Events, Sponsorship, Training.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP16717, Wallace Hind Selection