Job Title: UX Designer
Location: Home Based + occasional travel to UK customer sites
Salary: £35 £45K dependant on experience + comprehensive Employee Benefits
Do you have a genuine passion for all things UX?
Due to continued success, our Clients UX Team is expanding, again!
They are looking for a UX Designer,to join their diverse multidisciplinary team to help create services for high profile customer programmes, including engagements with local and central government as well as private sector organisations.
The role ishome based, but will potentially require travel to customer sites. There is also the flexibility to work within one of hubs in London (Southbank), Bristol (Spectrum Building) or Manchester (Altrincham) as we understand being at home can sometimes get boring.
About Our Client
Our Client is a global IT Solutions business delivering solutions into Public Sector organisations, including Central and Local Government, as well as other high-profile Clients in the private sector. They have grown consistently for the last 22 years!
Reporting into a Lead UX Designer, the UX Designers responsibilities include:
- Planning user research to help inform and prioritise requirements.
- Carrying out research activities and presenting the findings to stakeholders.
- Facilitating workshops and utilising post-its!
- Describing users goals and tasks and their current pain-points.
- Identifying and defining user experience and accessibility requirements.
- Utilising an evidence-based user-centric approach to design decisions.
- Engage in usabilityand accessibilitytesting to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
- Producehigh-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys,prototypesand blueprints.
- You could be a UX designer in an agency, consultancy or work in an in-house team with a minimum of 3 years experience.
- Self-starter, proactive approach, drive and energy.
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
- Collaborative mindset to work with stakeholders to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Creative and innovative in the way you work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Awareness of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Awareness of agile methodology and lean UX.
- Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables, such as journey maps, UX maps and service blueprinting.
- Experience running workshops with customers and presenting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping, including an awareness of coding. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. Knowledge of development technologies.
- You are ambitious and looking to further your career.
- You will need to be eligible to obtain SC clearance (5 years UK residency)