GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading automotive manufacturing client recruiting for an experienced GRP Detail Designer to join the creative team onsite at their Peterborough facility.
This key innovative role would suit someone who has been exposed to GRP products / components from within industries such assports cars (rally cars, F1), lorries, wind turbines, buses, aircraft & other high capital complex products.Knowledge of Glass-fibre composites is a must have
in order to be considered for this role.
If you want to work on new product introduction (NPI) then this is the ideal role for you.
This is your opportunity to turn initial conceptual ideas into real state of the are products.
Experience & Skills:
- GRP component / lamination design & modifications plus other key components / parts
- Concept BOM to be produced accurately & all conceptual costs approved
- Compiling GRP component data & MI
- Key player in all DFMA reviews for the GRP components as well as general fit outs
- Designing products that fit in with the current assembly production line set up
- Supporting other product design areas such as glazing, HVAC, powertrain etc.
- Producing accurate / detailed Assembly & Installation Drawings
- Using the PLMinformation management data system on a daily basis
- Looking at mould complexities & looking at CI / process improvements
- Supporting Production, Commercial & Technical / Engineering departments
Interviews to take place immediately with an immediate start available.
- Time-served in a GRP Components Designer role within automotive or similar
- Qualified in Design Engineering / CAD Design
- Experienced ideally in Siemens NX, Unigraphics or SolidWorks
- Able to work on several high complex projects at one time
- Creative & innovative with blue sky thinking of product ideas, that really can be delivered
- Strong communicator at all levels & a strong presenter of Design ideas / concepts