Our client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire, is looking for a CAD Designer to join their architectural joinery team. They are specialise in the art of bespoke joinery for some of the finest properties in the South of England.
We are looking for a talented joinery expert to produce technical drawings to the appropriate level of detailing (including specialist materials) for construction and installation. In addition, there will be be pre-sales / design intent drawing production tasks as well. You will be working collaboratively with clients, advisors, design professionals, and internal project teams so outstanding communication skills are essential.
Key elements of the role:
- You will take a lead role in taking accurate site surveys and subsequent drawing production whilst ensuring deadlines are kept and budget constraints delivered.
- This is a permanent position playing a key role in developing the drawing capabilities within the joinery division. The company uses Autodesk software - both AutoCAD & Inventor.
- The applicant will need practical joinery manufacturing knowledge, and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of design for manufacture and installation.
- You will keep up to date with both current trends and traditional standards, you will keep an eye on current materials, products and manufacturing and use this understanding to affect the design and manufacture.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years practical joinery manufacturing knowledge with further proven joinery design experience.
This is an exciting role where no two days are the same. The projects you will be working on are bespoke and individual. You will have a sensitivity to when that extra level of commitment is required, going "all out" to meet client expectations.
Pay is offered at competitive rates and based on experience.
All applications need to include a CV, photographs or portfolio of recent work.