An exciting position has become available for a full-time experienced Screen Printer based in Long Eaton, Nottingham. The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week, 8.15am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am to 4.00pm Friday. Overtime is available.
The successful candidate will earn £10.50 - £13.00 per hour depending on experience.
Applicants must be detail oriented, self-motivated and ready to make a significant contribution to a growing company. We are looking for an applicant that will take pride in their work every day.
- 5 x GCSE passes at minimum grade C or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in relevant screen printing operations and prep work (ie industrial NOT textile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time on a daily basis.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 20kg on a regular basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to check films and stencils for faults prior to print.
- The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur
- Applicant must be detail oriented, self-motivated and ready to make a significant contribution to a growing company. We are looking for an applicant that will take pride in their work every day.
- Screen Printing with repeatable results, anticipating, recognizing and fixing possible issues with ink and pressures.
- Verify and follow all information on the job ticket before printing including ink colour matching and verification
- Quality checks throughout the run
- Verify the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and breaking down for the next job.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- Work overtime and weekends as required by the business
- In addition as required to support our screen making department when required – e.g. for holiday cover - fulfil the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing.
Our client has been manufacturing superior screen printing since 1948. Working in the commercial industry, they offer a wide range of graphic services including plant and vehicle markings, point of sale displays and advertising banners, screen printing and promotional prints for exhibitions. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant screen printer, the position requires experience of flatbed sliding table semi/three quarter automatic machines e.g. Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax and good knowledge of high quality graphic printing for industrial and retail applications.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- To join a fantastic team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
Our client is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Print Technician, Screen Print, Print work, Creative Roles, Creative Vacancies, Media New Media and Creative, Printer Jobs, Printing, Finishing, Guillotine, Printer, Finisher, Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax