Our London based client requires a Marine Project Manager who will be fully accountable for the marine program and act as the main interface to the team for matters related to marine and land cable installation. The Marine Project Manager will also be responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating the marine installation program to all relevant parties and subcontractors and managing purchasing and marine subcontractors from SoW to implementation. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- 10 + years experience with marine related installation activities
- 5 + years experience in project management and subcontractor management
- Knowledge and experience of fibre optic jointing and cable protection techniques are desirable
- Good knowledge of cable burial methodology
- Experience in shore-ends and HDD Horizontal Drilling
- Confident with Project Management tools such as MS Project, Primavera etc
- Previous experience in chartering vessels, vessel conversion and design of vessel / naval architecture
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Actively participates to the initial Hand Over and Kick-Off meetings
- Validates all marine & land installation costs
- Prepares and supervises implementation of elements related to marine operations/ installations
- POW with the PMO, Marine Operations and Industrial Operations
- Load and lay plan, and get the commitment from Marine Operations and Industrial Operations to achieve this load and lay plan
- Carry out Marine and land cable installation activities as per the global marine program defined in the Contract: Cable Route Study (CRS), Land and Marine Route Surveys and all subsequent marine installation activities (whether or not subcontracted) including PLGR, shore-ends, HDD, burial operations and main lays, use of freighters and vessels of opportunity, use of ROV etc. up to the completion of the final splice
- Coordinate all the aspects of the BMH and land cable installation in relation with all marine shore-end activities to ensure consistency across the activities
- Accountable for respecting the agreed cable loading dates, as well as for proposing any mitigation plan necessary to cope with the problems that are encountered during the marine project implementation.
- Fully accountable for the vessel strategy and all associated mitigation vessel plans.
- Ensure that all the necessary information (technical and commercial) is given to the PPM for the selection of all marine subcontractors (scope of work, plan of work requirements, evaluation of the technical elements).
- Ensure that all vessel and cable importation processes are handled on time
- Ensure that all necessary marine internal and contractual documentation is produced on time, archived and distributed to the customers according to the contract requirements.
- Instruct the Permitting department to obtain the Permits in Principle if required by the contract.
- Prepare all information necessary to claim a Force Majeure linked to the marine program and relating to marine operations necessary to the Company Insurance Director to fill insurance claims when applicable
- Prepare, update and follow-up the marine risk and opportunity assessment matrix and prepare and implement mitigation plans when necessary.
Competitivesalary and benefits package (including bonus and car allowance and hybrid working)