As we continue our technology transformation journey to cloud and cloud native services (to meet our ambitious growth strategy and power our relentless focus on our 4C's culture) cloud technologies and agile working practices are becoming even more pivotal to Hastings.
In our Cloud Engineering team, we are passionate about creating new services that transform both colleagues and customers experiences. Our technology, culture and approach is changing to embrace true engineering and cloud first principles - we want to deliver simple and straight forward journeys for our customers through technology and by doing the right thing.
We are looking for someone to join our growing team on a permanent basis as a Cloud Project Coordinator to support the delivery of the Hastings cloud strategy.
What will you do?
- Guide and coach the Cloud Engineering Squads in the agile methodologies used within Hastings Direct
- Remove impediments to support timely delivery of committed changes
- Drive a culture of relentless improvement through regular review sessions to improve the Teams KPI (velocity, defects, estimation accuracy etc)
- Ensure agile ceremonies retain the purpose they are designed for and remain adequate, efficient and effective
- Participate in squad reviews to ensure impacts to planned work are raised to the Head of Function
- Be accountable for record keeping in Azure DevOps, ensuring updates are made in a timely manner and are reflecting the correct status of engineering work at all times
- Contribute to planning activities across COO, working with colleagues in D&C, CDO and CISO to plan and prioritise cloud engineering backlog
- Assist with the management of project risks and dependencies
- Proactively look to develop cloud skills to support with the successful planning and delivery of engineering work.
- Maintain a trusted environment that encourages collaboration, problem solving, engagement, communication, innovation and motivation across all resources, including external parties
- Maintain the strong Hastings Direct culture focussed around the 4C's
To achieve this you will
- Be a great team player, who can make effective decisions and think outside the box
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to guide engineers through the agile process
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have an understanding of coaching & mentoring techniques
- Have leadership capabilities including conflict resolution
- Be able to build an effective network inside and outside of the organisation
- Be proficient at planning and organising in a time pressured environment
- Have a good degree of analytical thinking
- Understand/have knowledge of agile methodologies and practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban & SAFe (this would be advantageous but is not essential)
- Have some experience of supporting projects/working within a projects based environment (this would be advantageous but is not essential)
- Have Certifications in:- Agile/Project Management, Azure DevOps, Azure Fundamentals etc. (this would be advantageous but is not essential)
Benefits for you
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Competitive basic salary
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.