Senior Programme Controller
£40,000 - £47,000
Senior Programme Controller needed for a highly reputable and leading Defence organisation based in Havant who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Programme Controller that can demonstrate leadership, value add and enthusiasm to the Programme Manager and Programme Control Team Lead ensuring that the programme is fully compliant with the Programme Performance Management Process.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Programme Controller will include:
- Deliver expert services in Scheduling, Cost, Risk and Earned Value Management (EVM)
Control Account Management and Work Package Management.
- Development and maintenance of Performance Measurement Baselines, ensuring fully integrated Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW), Schedule, Earned Value and Risk baselines
- Ensure that time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments are performed to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
- Deliver disciplined Budgeting and amendment principles, practices and processes, working closely with Programme Financial Control (PFC). Co-ordinate / lead Internal Programme Review (IPR) meetings, ensure actions are closed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that risk mitigation activities are embedded in the cost and schedule baseline and that risk impacts and fall-back plans are properly assessed for the establishment of Management Reserve & schedule margin.
- Co-ordinate Monthly Risk Management Reviews working closely with the Programme Manager re Agenda Items and Meeting Action Items.
What experience you need to be a successful Senior Programme Controller:
- SME in Programme Performance Management
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project® and Deltek Open Plan®
- Proficient use of ARM (Risk Management)
- Proficient knowledge in the application of Earned Value Management, particularly on complex or large engineering programmes.
- Experience with schedule risk management tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, possess a "can do" attitude and be energetic and enthusiastic at all times
- Capable of working with minimal supervision / direction, however reviewed for soundness and accuracy
- Good listener and quick to gain an appreciation of the problem
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Programme Controller to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that UK Security Clearance up to SC Level is required for the Senior Programme Controller position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.