In partnership with a vibrant and friendly primary school in Perry Common, Smile Education is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated Year 3 Teaching Assistant to join their busy school. Willing to offer additional training and opportunities, the school is keen to support your professional development in order to guarantee long term success.
This full time role will be available from the May half term and will be offered on an ongoing basis, with potential to join the team permanently from September, if it is the right fit. As a Year 3 teaching assistant, a good understanding of phase 2-6 phonics would be very beneficial. In addition, applicants should have a good understanding of effective phonics intervention and support. Opportunities for further training and CPD are available, including an accredited safeguarding CPD qualification through Smile Education.
In order to ensure the right fit for yourself and the school, you will have the opportunity to meet directly with the team before being appointed to the role. The expected salary range for this role is between £65-80 per day, dependent on experience level.
About the role:
- Support children on a 1:1 and on a classroom basis with their learning
- Support the teacher in the delivery of the lesson, by handing out and photocopying and preparing resources
- Supporting the teacher with evidence of student learning
- Manage behaviour to prevent disruption to lessons
- Working in small group interventions at the teachers discretion
- Follow a set daily and weekly schedule to ensure all tasks are complete (ie. book change etc.)
- Reading with students on a 1:1 basis and logging
- You hold a relevant teaching assistant qualification- for example Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School
- You have knowledge of the UK Primary Curriculum
- You have strong communication and IT skills
- You should be able to provide recent, outstanding references
- You should have a valid DBS, or be willing to apply for one
- You must have the right to work in the UK
At Smile Education we always support and encourage our hardworking staff, and are happy to offer the following benefits:
- £50 Joining Bonus and DBS refund after 10 days of work!
- You will also have me, a Qualified Teacher and dedicated personal Consultant, available to you and on hand to support you when starting your new role.
I would be keen to hear from you if you require any additional information about this Teacher Assistant role. You can reach me at or by calling me directly at 0752 105 7558 or 0121 392 6581.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.