Job title: Principal Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible subject to clearance
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
Hours of work: 37 hours - Monday to Friday
- Design of C&I system throughout all phases of a project lifecycle from front-end design and requirements capture to
detailed design and system verification and validation.
- Design specification and integration of EC&I equipment and systems along with preparation of technical specifications
and reports and installation, commissioning and operating documents.
- Design substantiation of EC&I with respect to design standards, component quality and reliability and production of safety justifications of EC&I systems/components.
- Understanding of risk assessments in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Understanding of fault analysis and reliability assessments using recognised techniques including FMEA, FTA, HAZID, HAZOP.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Degree qualified applicants with a bias towards electrical, electronic, instrumentation or control systems engineering or equivalent.
- Significant experience in the nuclear industry in one or more of the following areas; safety C&I, conventional C&I, analogue and digital systems, PLC, DCS, HMI, SCADA and LV electrical systems.
- A comprehensive understanding of EC&I system design with knowledge of the design standards applicable to the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge and experience of the justification of safety critical control and instrumentation in accordance with UK and international standards, including IEC 61508 and 61513.
- Membership of a professional engineering institution would be preferable.
Ideally applicants should also have:
- SC Clearance or be able to obtain security clearance.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.