Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Senior Scientist Cell/Molecular Biology
Our client is an established and rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company providing services globally within preclinical drug development and personalised medicine. We are looking for an effective leader and very experienced scientist who will be designing, developing and conducting in vitro cell-based drug sensitivity experiments using patient-derived cell models.
- Educated to a degree or PhD level in cell/molecular biology.
- Significant post-graduate experience in cell or molecular biology.
- Excellent experience in image-based immunofluorescence screening assays and image capture.
- Primary mammalian cell culture and cell line derivation experience, including DNA/RNA/protein extraction.
- Experience within drug development is highly desirable.
- Ability to lead, drive, and be part of a team, working autonomously.
- Demonstrableability in identifying key issues and experimental challenges, with the capability to troubleshoot and resolve through scientific expertise.
- Capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced client-driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and conduct in vitro cell-based experiments for client projects.
- When required, develop patient-derived cell models from tumour biopsies and test their drug sensitivity in vitro.
- Performing and supporting cell-based molecular biology assays, especially image-based immunofluorescence and analysis.
- Proposing experimental strategies, troubleshooting problems, and contributing to project delivery.
- Data analysis and formatted presentation, contributing to results interpretation and playing a significant role in the planning of further experiments.
- Line management of junior scientists and technicians, guiding and structuring laboratory activities.
- Ensuring experimental results and recorded accurately to project deadlines.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda's recruitment process.