Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
We are looking for a highly motivated Hygiene Operative to join our clients fast-paced production team based in Leith.
You will carry out cleaning duties in order to maintain an efficient site hygiene operation under direction of the team leader, thereby achieving and maintaining a high hygiene standard, in line with food safety requirements.
You should be a hands-on, practical team player with an eye for detail and high-quality standards.
- Working safely by adhering to the sites "only zero is acceptable" safety policy.
- Helping to ensure a high standard of cleaning and hygiene on site to achieve audit readiness at all times (including GMP audits and accurate record keeping).
- Assist the Hygiene Supervisor to ensure effective pest control management.
- Completion of the hygiene schedule including effective communication with department heads to identify and focus on priorities.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness of site facilities including office cleaning, toilets, locker room, canteen etc
- Helping to ensure effective waste and environmental control including good segregation and disposal procedures.
- Effective coordination with the waste recycling contractor including the ordering and co-ordination of skips.
- Effective control of the relevant consumable stocks.
- Carrying out internal bulk tank cleaning operation on a scheduled basis, entering confined spaces??????.
- Carrying out site pest control activities and IPM involvement
- Knowledge of hygiene best practice within a food manufacturing environment
- Pest control awareness
- Food safety awareness
- Record keeping
- The ability to communicate effectively with other staff and departments
- FLT licence would be advantageous
- Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 4pm