Managing the research, design and development within a growing team, our client who are a global Insurance provider, are looking for the right person to lead on the scientific design, innovation and internationalisation of their flagship products. The Scientific Research & Design Manager, with the support of experienced service design and proposition teams, will be creating and developing innovative and meaningful services built on robust science that delivers unique value to their members. The opportunity will offer Hybrid working with the successful applicant required to work from the London office one day per week. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Ideally a masters degree in Public Health, biological sciences, or relevant subject matter expertise
- Good commercial awareness including business case development and appreciation of revenue and margins
- Outstanding statistical and analytical skills, comfortable with epidemiological data analysis
- Knowledge of how calculation and associated technologies work and why (Stata, R, MATLAB, SPSS, Python)
- Deep data and calculation centric product knowledge. Experimentational with data through mathematical modelling
- Building strong customer advocacy and experience in applying insight to innovation
- Gap analysis and requirement documents
- Highly comfortable with mathematics, Excel, and analysis-based tools
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Visio
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Managing the team to stay on top of the literature and ensure our services remain up to date with the latest science
- Lead the development of scientifically backed algorithms to help people understand their health and wellbeing needs, so they can take action to improve
- Debating and articulating scientific evidence-based research and make it accessible to non-technical audiences
- Building strong customer advocacy and applying insight to innovation.
- Designing, building, and launching innovative, wellbeing propositions to global AXA Health customers.
- Responsible for leading the Scientific Design Team and collaborate with peers across the business including Data Science and Analytics, Wellbeing Service Design and Proposition teams.
- Synthesising large amounts of structured and unstructured data to draw out the strongest evidence base to design scientific products
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package