A global leader in the speciality materials market is currently looking to appoint an laboratory instrumentation engineer into its technical research and technology team. You will play a key role in maintaining the materials testing laboratory, whilst advancing the processes and technologies used.
To be successful you should have a technical background in an engineering or instrumentation discipline; relevant working experience and possess hands-on experience and technical knowledge of the operation of screw driven and hydraulic test frames and the associated instruments such as force/displacement/strain/temperature measurement and data logging devices.
Familiarity with fibre reinforced composite materials would be highly advantageous.
- Support line manager to ensure test frames, fixtures, chambers, extensometers, and associated laboratory equipment remain functional, calibrated, and safe to use.
- Support the commissioning and validation of new test methods, test equipment and procedures.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers, as directed by line manager, to address issues and implement remedies.
- Liaise with software suppliers and colleagues to manage and maintain test software for material data management.
- Support to monitor measurement systems that are identified for continuous improvement.
- Support to implement the standardisation of testing procedures and approaches.
Skills and Requirements:
- A technical background in an engineering or instrumentation discipline; relevant working experience and familiarity with fibre reinforced composite materials will be advantageous.
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of the operation of screw driven and hydraulic test frames and the associated instruments such as force/displacement/strain/temperature measurement and data logging devices.
- Understanding of the mechanisms of machine operations and the interfacing of hardware and software and the associated signal translations.
- A hands-on approach to laboratory safety and housekeeping work with good attention to detail
- Basic knowledge in statistical approaches and analysis; understanding of the uncertainty of measurements will be desirable.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Banks, Bonus, Company Pension Contribution
Location: South Cambridge
Role: Full Time, Permanent