This international law firm has a history going back to the 1930s. It is now a leading and award-winning firm with a client base encompassing some of the best names in retail, banking, real estate, sports and utilities.
The firm is based in the city, ideally placed for commuters. They offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible element with an option of choice.
They are now looking to hire a Collections Manager on a permanent basis. This role is responsible for managing collections and cash application processes for EMEA & AP offices. Manage teams across multiple geographies via implementation of standardized processes, monitoring performance against established KPIs and compliance with Firm policies. Work alongside colleagues across the globe and in different teams to build high performing teams and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Day to day management and oversight of Collections Team through EMEA & AP, including but not limited to:
- Appraisals and regular reviews / performance management.
- Target/KPI setting and review.
- Delegation of regular and project related work.
- Lead team meetings, setting both short and long term team objectives.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the US Collections Manager to help develop, implement and communicate global collection policies and processes to Partners, PAs, and other timekeepers in a consistent manner across the Firm.
- Regularly work with EMEA and AP Partners to ensure they are aware of all escalated items, client follow-up responsibilities, and have good understanding of their AR.
- Ensuring accurate and regular client statements are produced and sent to clients each month.
- Supervise cash management teams to ensure that collected cash is allocated against invoices daily and accurately cash automation technology such as lockbox, bank uploads, and other available solutions.
- Liaise with the Reporting Team to develop necessary management and operational reports for different stakeholders that are actionable and easy to understand.
- Liaise with members of different Finance teams and other stakeholders to ensure full service and client/matter backgrounds and lifecycles are understood.
- Develop deep and trusting relationships with direct reports, including regular touch points, advice, mentorship, and training.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related experience.
- Previous experience in a billing, and/or cash application within a professional services firm is required. Prior supervisory or managerial skills are essential.
- Strong experience of working with Elite (Enterprise and/or 3E) and collections software (preferably ARCS and/or 3E Collections) is strongly desired.
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Have confidence to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required.
It is Career Legals policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.