SF Recruitment are seeking a Junior Management Accountant (CIMA / ACCA newly qualified / finalist) for a Haulage company based in Nottingham. (Part Qualified / Qualified by Experience will also be considered)
This would be an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to step up in their career or someone that has a good level of competency in the production of all financial and management accounts and has demonstrable business partnering abilities.
Reporting to the head of finance you will have a pivotal position in the business and will act as a conduit for ensuring that commercial decisions are based on sound and meaningful data. You will support the building of daily / weekly vehicle costing to identify and explain variances against budget and forecast. This will also require the collation of meaningful KPIs to provide further management information.
- To collate and produce monthly management and financial accounts using accurate data and in a timely manner
- To work closely with the commercial team to validate business development modelling
- To communicate with internal stakeholders to help provide analysis of financial data in order to educate the business to improve its commercial acumen
- To create and maintain clear structured accounts by client in order for operational teams to have transparent information with which to make cost effective and commercially viable decisions
- To prepare MI pack and monthly board reporting and communicate with relevant parties
- To maintain cash flow and other key finance metrics
- To undertake any VAT return activities and prepare payments
- To gather and analyse data to identify trends within the business's finances
To be considered for this role you will have excellent communication skills in order to build strong relationships with internal departments and possess strong IT skills (proficient in Excel) You will have proven costing experience in ideally the Haulage industry.