Thrive Group are delighted to be working with our client near Bristol, who urgently require an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join their team, with a great company culture and benefits.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will manage an Accounts Payable team, taking responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of invoice postings and maintaining a high standard of ledger management to strict SLAs, as well as ensuring supplier payment requests are accurate and made on time.
- Managing a team of Accounts Payable Clerks
- Receiving, coding, and posting of purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy, minimising errors
- Processing invoices in the required time frame (2 days SLA)
- Clearing all batches and eBIS queues by the end of each day
- All invoices paid within due date
- Processing of payment proposals
- Liaising with team members for query resolution
- Review and management of ledgers to ensure SLAs are adhered to
- Setting up new suppliers accurately onto the finance system to ensure they are correctly setup for VAT, GL coding, ledger owner, banking, and remittance information and in the correct entity (supplier master data)
- Externally there may be a requirement to liaise with suppliers if there are queries on supplier accounts.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous accounts payable and supervisory experience
- Ideally studying towards a professional financial qualification (AAT or equivalent)
- Attention to detail and be able to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work quickly and independently to ensure high volumes of invoices are processed, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and proven customer service skills.
- Good IT skills (MS Excel) and the ability to work with multiple IT systems simultaneously
What you will receive in return :
- Salary: £26,000 to £29,000 per annum
- Pension: 3%
- Discretionary bonus: Up to 5%
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (usually aligning to CET 8am - 4pm)
- Hybrid working policy: 2 days per week office / 3 day WFH
- Great employee rewards
What you need to do next:
If this position sounds of interest and you would like to be considered.
Please contact Sarah at Thrive Group on 01225 632666 or email
Thrive Group are acting as an employment business in relationship to this vacancy.
If you have not heard from a consultant within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.