Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Corporate Tax Manager
Our client is a large listed brand with an extensive global footprint. Due to some internal moves, we are looking to hire a Senior Corporate Tax Specialist to join the group tax function.
Reporting to the Tax Director, this position will be responsible for the tax advisory for the group plus several business units, transactional work, preparation of the tax accounting and tax compliance. You will also assist in a range of special projects under the direction of the Group Tax Manager in the areas of governance, and process improvement. The role will be a value-add position.
The Senior Tax Advisor's focus will be to assist with the following areas:
- tax compliance
- tax systems
- tax advisory & transactions
Key responsibilities of the role:
- The Senior Tax Specialist will provide input into the various tax advisory projects with the view to gaining experience in understanding the business requirements of each project and assessing the tax advisory requirements within the overall tax risk management framework.
- This role will require superior tax research skills, the ability to prepare written advice and provide stakeholders with the necessary information from a tax perspective. Accountabilities include;
- Provision of technical research support to the Group across a range of tax advisory projects, including bids, tenders, joint ventures and internal restructuring;
- Support the Corporate head office in all matters of tax including in relation to capital management and financing transactions;
- Develop internal and external relationships to enable contribution to group projects as required;
- Provision of advice in the areas of income tax and employment related taxes;
- Monitor and report on tax law and policy changes including providing insights into the impact of changes;
- Consider the group's overall business strategy and provide input on the tax aspects that are relevant
Will provide key input into the development of policy, procedures and systems in relation to all aspects of tax compliance (tax returns and tax effect accounting and reporting) and involve preparation of compliance including but not limited to:
- Income Tax Returns
- Tax Effect Accounting
- Tax Payments,
The Senior Taxation Advisor will provide key input into maintaining the best practice tax systems environment for the Group. The role will involve ongoing assessment of the Group's tax systems requirements which includes;
- Support for the ongoing development of customised Accounting solutions;
- Manage the Group's tax software systems (Global Integrator) including development of process changes to meet the Group's tax reporting and tax system requirements, including management of the cost and service provider relationship.
The successful candidate:
- Will have circa 5+ years' experience in a Corporate Tax role either in a Big 4 Accounting firm, Top 10 Accounting firm or a large corporate,
- Will have be enrolled in a post graduate qualification such as; ACA/CA/CPA or Masters of Tax,
- Ideally will have some knowledge of Tax Effect Accounting and Corporate Tax Returns,
- High attention to detail and accuracy,
- An ability to tackle problems through to their resolution;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small head office team environment - i.e. self-starter & proactive,
- Professional and committed approach,
- An advanced level of Excel skills and sound level of competence with other Microsoft applications,
- Well organised with a sense of priority and time management,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute must!