We have an opportunity for a part time Financial Controller in Stoke-on-Trent, working 3 days per week on site. They are a revolutionary organisation that provide innovative jetting technologies for the manufacture of smart components for a wide variety of sectors.
You will have responsibility for the production of all financial reporting documents on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, these would include:
- To keep accurate records of accounts payable or receivable.
- Track bank deposits and payments.
- Submit applications to suppliers to obtain credit.
- Prepare Purchase Orders when required and pay suppliers.
- Prepare Sales invoices and chase outstanding debtors to mitigate no potential bad debts occur.
- Ability to assist the external accountants with answers which I am knowledgeable of.
- Completion of the quarterly IUK Grant with all relevant documentation liaison with this stakeholder in the event of any financial query.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly Vat returns.
- To ensure that the bank rec and supply chain payments are up to date with robust processes in place to achieve this
- Establish a system to ensure all debtors are identified and process for chasing / achieving timely payments this will include overseas payment controls where applicable
- Ensure payroll data is received timely in order that payroll is paid to the employees on the appropriate pay date of each month.
- Keeping the Cash Flow up to date on a daily basis and advising the Directors of the situation.
- Update internal accounting systems with relevant financial data in order to prepare financial reports as required.
- To provide a service and support the rest of the organisation and to answer any queries from Directors' relevant to the accounts.
- All 3rd party documentation e.g. HMRC, VAT, InnovateUK, submitted in a timely manner
You will need you AAT 3 as a minimum. This is 3 days per week and those days will be on site. The site is a work in progress and is going through renovation but it has the charm and magic of its heritagein ceramics.