Optimum Recruitment Group are proud to be working as a retained partner for a leading manufacturing business in their search for a Finance Director. Our client is a successful privately owned business based in Wakefield.
We are looking for a commercially driven, qualified Finance Director with a proven track record of adding value in a leadership role, working alongside the Board to drive the ambitions of the business.
You will have an extremely commercial, operational and process focused background and will be able to engage effectively with a variety of senior stakeholders. You must have previous experience in driving strategic initiatives, advising on ways to improve the finance function from a process, systems and efficiency perspective but also have the ability to get into the detail.
You will be highly visible, strategic and operational, you will be looked upon to drive critical business agendas with confidence andgravitas, as well as being an effective communicator. The key areas of focus include:
- Working closely with thesenior leadership team in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs for the finance function.
- Translating strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Providing oversight on the company's financial operation and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Getting into the detail of the processes and the business and help finance to create a vision, set of objectives, and an action plan to maximise long-term output.
- Developing actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term organisational objectives.
- Defining standards and striving tirelessly to uphold them.
- Analysing internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement along with scenario planning.
- Encouraging and coaching to ensure everyone understands the "why" and not just the "how".
- Challenging and developing your team so that they can thrive.
- Maintaining and building trusted relationships with key internal customers, partners, and stakeholders.
As the successful candidate you need to be able to demonstrate the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
- A recognisable accounting qualification.
- 5+ PQE years experience with outstanding leadership skills and a steadfast resolve with personal integrity.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of business planning and developing/executing strategy.
- Understanding and experience of a complex manufacturing environment.
- A strong grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Being able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Have a proven track record of operating in an owner managed, entrepreneurial growth environment and be able to demonstrate commercial activities that have aided growth, ideally this will be within a similar sized or larger SME.