Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
S&P Broker Market Segment Lead
My client are an established global maritime company who are currently going through a period of rapid transformation and growth. This is a newly created role, with huge growth potential and is perfect for someone who has an established network within the broker market.
Aim of the role:
To strengthen my client's position with shipbrokers and other associated marine industry stakeholders that have an indirect but potentially key impact on Classification Society business in order to increase market share through increased knowledge and ability to leverage related market activity.
Key elements of the role include:
- acting as the main point of contact for the shipbroker and associated marine community;
- developing a network of targeted relationships with key influencing personnel within the community;
- supporting targeted shipbroker relationships with value-added services; and
- providing direction, advice and guidance within for matters relating to ship Sale &Purchase activities.
- Define the landscape and critical success factors of current and future field of play within the shipping markets, specifically the shipbroking community, to support in meeting business targets, typically through Transfer of Class during the Sale & Purchase (S&P) process for either newcon or existing tonnage.
- Identify target clients within the shipbroking community and other related marine industry stakeholders that contribute to the success of business strategy; develop and execute industry stakeholder Engagement Plans and Account Plans; report on client meetings and visits in accordance with Maritime Commercial Excellence standards.
- Identify and attend, as well as hold, key shipbroking and wider industry events that contribute to the success of business strategy; network, establish and maintain relationships at senior levels in the marine shipbroking and wider community.
- Position my client as a ‘trusted advisor’ in the shipping markets, and specifically within the shipbroking community, by supporting them with any regulatory and technical aspects associated with the ship financing and S&P processes.
- Monitor, collate and report on market outlook intelligence as it relates to business growth in general, as well as for specific business opportunities; collaborate with internal stakeholders (Insights, Area Commercial teams, Segment Managers, Bid Managers) to maximise the impact of this information on growth potential; provide the internal focus necessary to bring specific business opportunities to fruition.
- Collaborate with product development teams, Marketing, Area Commercial teams and Segment Managers to continuously enhance and develop value propositions, service solutions and messaging frameworks to the marine industry in general, as well as specifically to S&P shipbrokers.
- Represent and promote the business at conferences, associations, forums and other key events internationally, and through other media channels, by ensuring value is added both as a speaker, or by having my client as a content-contributing member.
- Have 10 – 15 year’s experience working in the marine industry with significant exposure to major shipbrokers; previous experience with commercial shipping operations, shipping finance and / or marine insurance a definite asset.
- Possess an established network of senior level connections across marine Sale & Purchase brokerages and the wider marine industry; able to proactively build and drive the development of the network of key relationships internally and externally.
- Have a strong commercial background, with a good general understanding of the marine industry and its stakeholders