Job Title: Financial Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £43,000
Would you like an accounting role offering 29 days holiday PLUS bank holidays? Are you a qualified accountant looking for an exit away from professional practice? An excellent opportunity with a very generous holiday entitlement has arisen for a qualified ACA/ACCA (CIMA also considered) Financial Accountant preferably with previous audit experience to join the finance team of an organisation in the education sector. Applications from candidates who have already made the move away from practice are also welcome.
Reporting into an experienced Finance Manager the role forms part of an established team where duties will include:
Monthly preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations to cover all balance sheet accounts, with additional supporting documentation quarterly.
* To monitor and report on budget and forecast variances on a monthly basis for the balance sheet of the Group
* To ensure that the appropriate levels of financial control are in place across the business, and to monitor compliance alongside the Group Financial Controller
* To become proficient in key financial areas such as; VAT reporting, insurance advice, tendering support and management, company secretarial duties, audit advice, legal searches and risk management processes, submission to Government Departments etc.
* To provide financial inputs into business reviews
To assist in the management accounts preparation, budgeting process, forecasting processes and key financial metrics
* To take a lead role in the statutory accounts preparation, 3 year planning and SFA reporting requirements, and the audit thereof
* To assist with payroll audits checks, financial risk management and audit issues
* Explicitly defines and delivers functional leadership in the Finance department through reporting lines to ensure corporate delivery across the Group
-You are ideally ACA/ACCA qualified and with a professional practice training including audit experience.
-A good relationship builder and first class communicator, you have strong technical skills, sound systems literacy particularly with Excel and are able to work to deadline with accuracy and attention to detail.
-You enjoy working as part of a friendly, people orientated team, are adaptable and maybe fed up of working from home?
-Previous experience of the education sector would be beneficial but not essential.
-Our client is in the education sector and after a year of home working, the finance team are now re-established back in the office in a Covid secure environment.
-Public transport is within easy reach as are a number of car parking facilities for those who would prefer to drive.
£40,000 - £43,000 + 29 days holiday plus bank holidays + pension
*Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
*Established in 1998
*Employ approx 30 staff
*2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
*Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service
*Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc's, blue chip organisations and SME's , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
*From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments
*It is the policy of Edwards & Pearce to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law