Our client is recruiting for a Mixed Tax Senior to join the tax team of this well-established, successful accountancy practice. As Mixed Tax Senior you will carry out corporate tax and personal tax compliance work with the view to developing to providing advisory service to clients as you develop and settle into the role.
If you have a varied skill set within tax, gained within a practice environment, this role could be just what you are looking for
As Mixed Tax Senior your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Manager/Supervisor of the Tax Department in the overall smooth running of the department
- Managing the tax compliance of personal and corporate clients
- Reporting to the Tax Manager/Supervisor and Partners
- Preparing and submitting tax returns of clients which may include capital gains tax, PAYE and trusts
- Bringing tax planning opportunities to attention of Manager/Supervisor and Partners
- Ensuring professional standards are met and supervising and developing more junior staff
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met where possible
- Developing a good working relationship with clients and holding information pertaining to the client's business and tax matters
- Producing work for Manager/Supervisor and Partner review which requires little further input
- Identifying any tax anomalies and bring these to the attention of the Tax Manager/Supervisor
- You will be encouraged to study appropriate professional qualifications with the opportunity to progress into an advisory function further on in your career
We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Ideally be qualified ACCA, ATT or CTA with considerable tax experience gained within a practice environment
- Have good IT skills; MS Office, Excel & Word and a working knowledge of tax software, such as CCH
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail and able to work to deadlines
- A desire to learn and develop your skills and study towards appropriate professional qualifications
- Strong organisational skills
- Be keen to continue to develop professionally and progress within the practice
In return for your skills and commitment this fantastic firm will offer a competitive salary, depending upon experience, study support to encourage qualification and progress towards an advisory function and the opportunity for self-development and career progression within practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Mixed Tax Senior role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.