Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Approach Personnel are recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for a new build housing company.
To control costs, from procurement to final account for all aspects of cost. Manage administration of sub-contractors and to produce internal valuation sunder the guidance of a surveyor mentor reporting to the Commercial Manager.
- Assisting in the preparation of the sub-contract/supplier enquiry lists for approval.
- Preparing full enquiry packs and collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued, return tenders are analysed and compliant bids received.
- Preparing tender comparison sheets, including making recommendations for placing sub-contract orders and negotiation with sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with specification and best practice.
- Preparing detailed breakdowns of build costs and include within New Site Start Appraisal (NSSA).
- Ensuring new sub-contractors are on the SMAS database and that the certification is up to date.
- Carrying out drawing take-offs and producing labour only rates in liaison with the Senior Surveyor, Commercial Manager and Construction Department, including maintaining the databases and distributing information
- Updating/producing SWMP plan and Carriers Matrix, including updating Licence Numbers and expiry dates and issue to site as necessary
- Ensuring sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed, checked and interim payments are prepared for approval in line with Authorisation Levels and Commercial Procedures, including keeping payment record sheets up to date, highlighting any claims for additional works outside of the budget estimate summary and settling all final accounts expediently after works are complete.
- Issuing variation instructions and contra charges as appropriate.
- Pricing non-standard client extras as required and liaising with the Commercial Manager and Construction Department to ensure costing is correct.
- Updating Cost of Sales in Viability Manager for client extras, after re-budgets and valuations.
- Carrying out monthly progress check-lists for all sites and inputting on to the valuation system including MOS.
- Carrying out monthly valuation including production of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) and Cost to Complete Sheet (CTC) including attending Valuation Meeting under the guidance of a surveyor mentor.
- Liaising with the Housing Association including producing invoices and H & S pack as required and attend all necessary site meetings.
- Liaising with the Design & Technical Department over specification for Code for Sustainable Homes and producing schedules and back up information as required.
- Regularly attending sites, a minimum of twice a month, to provide assistance and support to site staff, including meetings with sub-contractors
- Assisting in the production of the Group Rebate Form.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate must:
- MUST come from a housing background
- Have excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be computer literate
- Planning, programming and prioritising skills
- Flexible approach to work with ability to work on own
- Attention to detail
- Full driving License
If you have the experience we're looking for please forward an up-to-date CV to
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your application you have been unsuccessful at this time.