Quantity Surveyor (M&E)
James Lewis is looking for a Quantity Surveyor (M&E) to join a £50m+ turnover company who offer the complete package of managed building services across retail, industrial, commercial, health, public sector and residential markets.
- Participate in tender handover from estimating department.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate tenders as required within the team and in conjunction with the PM/Operations Manager.
- Ensure adequate LOI or PO in place before work starts.
- Produce buying schedule in conjunction with PM.
- Ensure all subcontractors are on the approved list before using.
- Procure Sub Contract packages, approve sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
- Negotiate subcontract payment terms.
- Produce project cash flow forecast.
- Prepare and submit client applications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage subcontract applications and ensure work packages are valued correctly and on time.
- Manage project correspondence and meeting attendance.
- Ensure monthly applications are certified on time and invoiced as appropriate.
- Manage and agree subcontract instructions and variations.
- Submit and agree client variations and manage change request process.
- Produce detailed take offs, understand and read design drawings.
- Ensure compliance with contractual procedures and agreed scope of works, issuing all contractual notifications for any changes to the agreed contract i.e. Early warning notice, delay notice, compensation events, extension of time requests etc
If you are a Quantity Surveyor (M&E) looking to further your career, apply now to find out more about this excellent opportunity.