Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Established nationwide main contractor, looking to add an experienced construction planner/planning engineer to the team
The company currently operates primarily in the Student Accommodation, Care Homes, Hotels and Leisure, Data Centres, Commercial, Retail and Stadia sectors and undertakes projects ranging in value from £1m to £60m.
Skills and Experience in the role:
The planning engineer with report to the planning manager, working on the following;
- Develop tender programmes for submissions with full logic/sequence in conjunction with preconstruction and engineering resource input;
- To work from design stage through Procurement, installation to commissioning.
- Work closely with designers during the design development stage and production design stages to create robust design programmes as part of the overall integrated programme.
- Identify and communicate programme risks to the Project team.
- Review and incorporate the subcontractors and suppliers programmes when received, review and validate.
- Liaise with the project team on resource requirements.
- Baseline Management
- Check, audit and implement record-keeping basics to allow best practice programming and updates.
- Maintain the As-Built Programmes (record Keeping)
- Produce auditable programming guidelines for main business activities.
- Monthly check, audit and review with Project Leads:
- For progress and client updates
- Capture cause and effect from client change
- Identify opportunities for betterment for collaboration.
- Identify impacts in the period for incremental advice to clients.
4D Synchro Programming is desirable, but not essential. (training can be provided if required by the project)
- Must have 5 years plus experience within the industry.
- Experienced User of Asta Power Project and Microsoft Project.
- Degree (or working towards) in a related discipline, Strong IT Skills and Excellent communicator
- Technical knowledge of techniques and best practices.
- NEC 3 Form or contract experience Desirable
- FIDIC Form of Contract Desirable